Sunday 14 December 2014

Town with Lauren

Lauren, a friend from school, invited me to go into town with her yesterday and - glad to have some semblance of a social life for once - I went. We'd planned to go shopping, but come on. We pretty much just went to bookshops. I love nerdy friends.

We went to Waterstones and then three or four second-hand bookshops. Honestly, second-hand shops are incredible. Lauren showed me one I'd never seen before where they had children's books for 50c, paperbacks for €1 and hardbacks for €2, and it's for charity! We stayed in that shop for at least an hour and played the Fifty Shades game (open 50 Shades of Grey on a random page and read out the first line you see). It was pretty funny, and a bonding experience.

Eventually I bought three books: Girl, Missing by Sophie McKenzie, The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult and the first Series of Unfortunate Events book for my little brothers' Christmas present. I'll get them the other ones they're missing if I get a chance to go in again before Christmas.

Sadly I was too lazy to actually take a picture of the physical books. New heights of laziness here.
S


In another second-hand shop I got a Legally Blonde DVD for my class Secret Santa. I've never spoken to the girl, but Legally Blonde seems pretty good so hopefully it'll go down well. Lauren bought some clothes and we went home.

I guess I just really liked it because (a) being asked into town was nice (b) it was a really awesome bonding experience (c) we didn't talk even in four years of being in the same school and this is an awesome friendship that's developing.

Also, she shares my boy preferences. Tall and nerdy.

No comments:

Post a Comment